- Create a winter safety plan for communicating with each other in case road conditions make it difficult to get home.
- If you don't already have cell phones, consider getting them so you can communicate if you get stranded.
Ask about the snow-closure policies for employers, schools, and daycare centers, and keep all phone numbers handy.
Winter safety for commuters:
- Keep bus, train and subway schedules handy so you know which routes you can use to get home when you can’t drive.
- Consider joining a carpool or vanpool so you won’t have to commute alone.
- Follow the tips on Winter Safety for Your Car